Meet Me at the Bar
I was born in Florida, where I was terrorized by alligators, fire ants, rabid raccoons, sharks, drunken college students, and 100% humidity. I lived on three continents (four if you count the foreign realm of my imagination) and planted my feet in Northern California.
I love hockey, motorcycles, and anything deemed weird.
I write about gritty underworlds, twists, deception, strong men, stronger women, and a hidden part of Chicago you've never seen, as well as dark, comedic YA and unknown dystopias. I'm also a freelance editor and workshop facilitator.
Be your own inner badass!
— D.B.G., Young Person's Perspective on Genius
Places I've Explored
- All but one of the 50 states in the USA. But I'll get to North Dakota.
- New Zealand
- Canada - British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia.
- Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Monaco, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales) and Vatican City.
- Costa Rica, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama.
- Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru.
- Places on my list to explore next: Russia, South Africa, Japan, Manitoba, and Uruguay. (And so many others - but time is a thing and places I've been call me back to them.)
Living in other countries can give you a perspective on people and the world that is invisible until you submerge yourself in another way of life, thinking, grieving, celebrating, and loving.